College Football Trends Report: Week 13
It’s rivalry week in College Football and there are several matchups that impact the CFB playoff picture, including The Game at the Big House in Ann Arbor on Saturday afternoon. Here are BetPrep’s key trends for the biggest matchups in Week 12.
No. 2 Ohio State (-8) at No. 5 Michigan
12:00 p.m. ET (O/U: 64.5)
Ohio State has absolutely dominated this matchup, winning each of the last eight meetings and 15 of the last 16 overall. Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh has yet to beat the Buckeyes, dropping all five games with OSU while losing by an average margin of 19 points.
The Buckeyes have scored 50 points in a game six times this season, which is tied for the most by a Big Ten team in the AP Poll Era according to ESPN Stats & Informational Group. They’ve also scored 118 points in their last two games against the Wolverines, which is the most points allowed by Michigan over a two-game span against any single opponent.
As you would imagine, OSU has also dominated this game from a betting standpoint, covering in nine of the last 13 meetings between the two scholls and posting a 6-2 ATS record in its last eight games in Ann Arbor. The Over has also been profitable, cashing the last seven times these two teams have played, including five straight at the Big House.
Ohio State Key Trends
- The Buckeyes are 6-2 ATS in their last eight games overall.
- Ohio State is 4-1-1 ATS in its last six games as a road favorite.
- The Over is 5-1-2 in the Buckeyes’ last eight road games.
Michigan Key Trends
- The Wolverines are a near-perfect 6-1 ATS in their last seven games overall.
- Michigan is 5-1 ATS in its last six home games.
- The Over is 9-1 in the Wolverines’ last 10 games as a home underdog.
No. 3 Alabama (-19.5) at Auburn
3:30 p.m. ET (O/U: 56)
When Alabama is ranked in the AP Top-25, the Tide are 25-1 all-time against Auburn teams that are not ranked in the AP poll. The Tide’s lone loss in those situations came all the way back in 2002.
‘Bama is just 2-6 ATS in its last eight games in Auburn, while the home team has covered in four of the last four meetings between these two teams.
Alabama Key Trends
- The Crimson Tide are 2-5 ATS in their last seven games after scoring more than 40 points in their previous game.
- Alabama is 1-4 ATS in its last five road games versus an opponent with a winning home record.
- The Over is 6-1-1 in the Tide’s last eight road games versus a team with a winning home record.
Auburn Key Trends
- The Tigers are just 2-7 ATS in their last nine games as an underdog, which includes a 1-4 ATS mark as a home dog.
- Auburn is winless at the betting window in its last four games played in the month of November.
- The Under is 19-7 in the Tigers’ last 12 games as a home dog.
No. 10 Oklahoma (-4.0) at No. 7 Oklahoma State
7:30 p.m. ET (O/U: 49.5)
Oklahoma has won six straight games in the Bedlam rivalry and is 17-1 all-time against Oklahoma State when the two teams have been ranked. That’s the best record any team has against another in ranked meetings in the AP Poll Era with a minimum of 10 such matchups.
Saturday night’s installment of this rivalry will be pure strength versus strength, as the Cowboys are allowing just 14.9 points per game, which is tied for the second fewest in FBS with Texas A&M (and behind only Georgia). The Sooners, however, average 38.9 PPG, which ranks 10th in the FBS.
The Sooners have covered four straight in Stillwater and are 5-1 ATS in their last six games versus the Cowboys overall. The road team is also 7-2 ATS in the last nine meetings between these two schools.
Oklahoma Key Trends
- The Sooners are 12-3-1 ATs in their last 16 games as a road underdog and are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games as an underdog home or away.
- Oklahoma has covered in four of its last five games played in November.
- The Over is 7-2-1 in the Sooners’ last 10 games as an underdog.
Oklahoma State Key Trends
- The Cowboys are a perfect 9-0 ATS in their last nine games overall, including 4-0 ATS in their last four home games.
- Oklahoma State is 20-6 ATS in its last 26 games versus a team with a winning record.
- The Under is 18-7-1 in the Cowboys’ last 26 games overall.
North Carolina (+6) at N.C. State
7:00 p.m. ET (O/U: 62.5)
The Tar Heels have been profitable in previous meetings with the Wolfpack, cashing in four straight games and in four straight at N.C. state. The road team is also 6-2 at the betting window in the last eight meetings between these two teams, while the Under is 4-1 in the last five meetings in N.C. State.
North Carolina Key Trends
- The Tar Heels are just 1-5 ATS in their last six games overall, including 0-4 ATS in their last four road games.
- UNC is 1-6 ATS in its last seven games as an underdog.
- The Over is 5-2 in the Tar Heels’ last seven games as an underdog.
N.C. State Key Trends
- The Wolfpack is 6-1 ATS in their last seven home games and are 4-1 ATS in their last five games as a favorite.
- N.C. state is 6-2 ATS in its last eight conference games.
- The Over is 4-1 in the Wolfpack’s last five home games.